Thursday, March 29, 2012

You Have To Show Up

The most important thing to remember about this business is that it's all about ACTION. We can plan and talk but you have to make things happen. In order to be in the game you have to show up to play. Doubt can be a debilitating thing. How many times have you had a great idea only to talk yourself out of it before you could implement it? This happens more than you know, especially the longer you've been in it. It can be hard to just keep going. Now I'm not condoning doing the same things over and over again yielding the same or no results, but you have to stay inspired to keep putting yourself in the arena. I can't tell you how many times I've gotten opportunities just by being somewhere. I've gone to jamns or functions and played only to find out that someone saw and heard me so they offered me an opportunity. This happens to me almost daily and believe me there are times that I don't feel like going or will say maybe next week but you have to stay in the game. This doesn't ever change. Success is largely based on building and maintaining relationships and you can't do either if you are not willing to constantly keep yourself in the mix. Out of sight, out of mind is so true. There is far too much competition for you to relax at any time. You may be the best in the world at what you do but if no one knows then it means nothing. We have to stay committed to keeping ourselves in the game and elevating our associations by attending gigs, jamns, parties, conferences and the like. Networking should be a weekly part of your bigger vision. Just remember, you have to play the game to win and you have to show up to play. Enjoy the journey.

The Truth
All Rights Reserved by Airtight Productions 2012

No comments:

Post a Comment