Thursday, October 28, 2010

Be Careful What You Ask For

The one thing I've realized about the music industry is that it is largely a dream driven industry. People have dreams, goals or visions of success that are sometimes manifested just the way the saw them but most people dream not really expecting their dreams to come true. When planning your career you should be very cautious and be careful what you ask for because you just might get it and if you are not prepared to deal with it you will be the worse for it. Most people TALK a good game about what they want but if someone dropped out of the sky and gave them everything they wanted they would be to afraid to take it. Let's face it, most artists have dreams that they never really believe will happen so they fall in love with dreaming and not manifesting or realizing. I read a book called The Alchemist and in the book the author referred to your dreams, passions or goals as your personal legend. Now we all have a personal legend but less than half of us ever really pursue our passion to the end. He gave a lot of reasons but the one that stuck with me was the fact that some of us just don't really live our life planning to achieve our goals. A dream, goal, passion or personal legend is a living breathing thing that we have to nurture daily. What we have to do is the moment you know what your dreams are, start planning at that very moment. You should make your daily decisions based on how they contribute to you achieving your goals. This is why most people get caught by surprise when success drops in their lap because they know that they were not really expecting it. You have to practice achieving and being successful at even the smallest things so that your dreams become tangible and attainable. Like the Nike slogan "Just Do It" The moment you think it, do it. Don't question it just move. I have only worked one "REAL JOB" in my life. I worked for six months at a record shop all the while saying I wanted to do music full time. I met a gentlemen that is still one of my mentors today and he told me to just do it so I did. Now it is a lot of work but that was me pursing my personal legend and making my dream a living thing. After I jumped in with both feet, my dreams got bigger and more doors were opened to me because I was living my personal legend. I am still doing so and enjoying every moment because the sky is not the limit. There is no limit. So start TODAY making your dreams breathe and come to life because what ever you want can and WILL happen just expect it too. Work today as if you already know what is coming so that you won't be surprised. Don't ever give up pursuit of your personal legend.

The Truth
All Rights Reserved by Airtight Productions 2010

No comments:

Post a Comment