Monday, December 19, 2011

Just See The Truth

One of the hardest things for us to do is to see the truth about ourselves and our goals. Instead of facing sometimes harsh realities, we just ignore the facts and try to force what we want but to no avail. It is important to realize that the truth is not your enemy. Truth and faith go hand in hand. We get so attached to what WE think should happen or how WE see our vision coming to fruition that we sabotage our own progress. We keep going through the motions year after year trying to fit a round peg into a square hole just wearing our self and our spirit down. Take time to step back and see what things you've done that work and what things don't. Don't try to explain or judge just take in the facts and see the truth. If success is what you are really after then following your truth will get you there. Life is all about change and adjustments. I mean how can we learn and earn more without changing? We can't! So it is important for us to not be so attached to what we think and leave space for the truth to speak to us. This doesn't mean that you won't achieve your goals, it just means that your path to achieving them may end up being one you never considered but when the true path is revealed to you, you must be able to accept, adjust and keep moving forward. It's also about making smarter decisions. I've been writing and producing for years. I've done some major and independent label stuff. I took stock of all I've done and found that even though I had done all these great projects, I had attached myself to situations that limited my exposure to the world. So instead of thinking that I was going to create this super artist or group myself, I had to become open to sharing my music and songs with people that were already in a position to help me move forward. Instead of me continuing to be a part of situations that would never really go any further than where they had been created. I had to accept that I needed to travel and expose the execs and higher ups to who I am and what I'm capable of. This is where I am now and it is still a learning process everyday but one that I am better for. So my advice to you is to make your plan for 2012 based on the truth and not just YOUR version of it. Have faith and step out of your box. Success awaits you. Enjoy the journey.

The Truth
All Rights Reserved by Airtight Productions 2011

No comments:

Post a Comment