Wednesday, May 2, 2012

Heart

Being a great musician/artist is much like being a great athlete. It takes hours of practice and to be be great you have to develop both the physical and mental sides of your craft. The biggest thing they both have in common is that you have to have heart to be the best. It's hard to be a musician and even harder if you are attempting to make a living just doing music but it's not impossible. I hear a lot of people complaining about this or that but the truth is they just don't have enough heart to roll with the punches. Having true heart not only means rolling with the punches but being able to punch back and when you get knocked down, just keep getting up. That's how you win. It takes a different kind of tenacity to follow your passion. This is not really field you enter if money is your FIRST priority. Making money is important but your loyalty must always be to your craft. If you stay focused on developing your skills and making the best art you can then the money will come. Not everyone will be a millionaire but you can make a comfortable living. You just have to have a do or die attitude and NEVER take no for an answer. I've been doing this a long time and I've had a lot of success but I've learned as much from my setbacks as I have from my successes. The setbacks test your heart. I mean there have been times when I would feel defeated but giving up was NEVER an option. I just took a step back and looked at what I needed to learn from the experience and moved on. It takes a lot of heart to keep putting your self on the line but that is what the best of us live to do. You have to give ALL you have. It's truly ALL or nothing. So stay encouraged, as long as you stay in the race you are a winner and your only competition is yourself. Always keep a positive outlook, learn from EVERYTHING and NEVER give up, that my friend is having heart. Enjoy the journey.

The Truth
All Rights Reserved by Airtight Productions 2012

No comments:

Post a Comment