Thursday, May 17, 2012

Keep Teaching & Learning

We all work really hard in this business and sometimes we can miss the small rewards. No matter what level you are whether it's making number one million sellers or playing gigs at clubs or festivals, we are all in the same business. I have been mentored by some of the best people in this business in both the artistic and business side of things. As a result of these people being so giving with their knowledge, it has always inspired me to give back and share whatever information I can. I'm reminded that we have to keep teaching and learning. I have lectured and taught hundreds of students over the past ten years and I recently had a great reminder of how important this has been. I went to a rehearsal with some former students of mine and I watched them rehearse, I was so impressed with their drive, energy and attention to detail. After the session I complimented them on their work ethic and they all said they had learned it from me and their goal was to be able to live up to MY example . . . WOW! I was blown away. I never really knew what kind of impact I was having but I guess it stands to reason because I'm still trying to live of the the examples of my mentors. It is so important that we never stop teaching or learning. We are all in this together and it is our responsibility to pass on our knowledge and experience to the next generation and each other. We all have something to teach and we all can definitely learn something new. Enjoy the journey.

The Truth
All Rights Reserved by Airtight Productions 2012

No comments:

Post a Comment