Thursday, May 24, 2012

Nothing To Prove

I had a conversation with a good friend last night about what's REALLY important in life. The cool thing is that she is very well off and she commented on how she still thought that education was most important. We also agreed that no matter who you are or what you have, humility is always best. I enjoyed speaking with her and later I thought about how we look at things in the music business. We all start out with individual goals but somewhere along the way we become intoxicated by adulation and approval, so much so that we begin to focus on that more than our art. We have to remember that we have nothing to prove. If we spend all of our time trying to be what we think others want us to be, then we are simply lost. We also can't try to base who we are or what we want on what someone else is doing. It takes a lot of humility to know who you are and just be satisfied with that. People only feel the need to prove themselves because of insecurity and yes we all want to be validated but it is so much better when we can validate ourselves. I've just recently come to this place of enlightenment for myself. I help a lot of people with information that is invaluable to their success but a lot of them show no real respect for me or my info. They will pick me for the knowledge and run off and pretend as if they always knew everything and not acknowledge where they learned the information. I've realized that helping people is my choice and something I will continue to do because it's the right thing to do and I'm continually blessed as a result. I have nothing to prove. I know who I am and the value of what I've done and will do. I'm just thankful to be able to live a free life doing something I love and part of what I love is helping people and I don't plan on stopping and neither should you. Just believe in yourself and look no further than in the mirror for validation. YOU HAVE NOTHING TO PROVE. Enjoy the journey.

The Truth
All Rights Reserved by Airtight Productions 2012

No comments:

Post a Comment