Wednesday, September 7, 2011

Stay Focused On YOUR Agenda

One of the hardest things to do in this business is staying focused. There are just so many distractions and no guarantees. It's always easy to start out with a definite focus but when you get down in the trenches it becomes next to impossible for some people to stay on track. The thing that I've always been guilty of is investing more time into developing other people's visions than I invest in developing my own. You have to learn to stay focused on  YOUR agenda. I've always been able to see talent in people and bring out the best in them. I guess that's why producing comes so natural to me because it's really all about understanding artists and what makes them tick. My experience has been that I've always jumped into situations with both feet trying to help someone else realize their own agenda only to get half way there and have them give up own themselves so then I'm stuck playing psychologist and cheerleader to their agenda while not focusing on my own. Take it from me, all of the scenarios may be different but the end result is always the same. You can't help anyone that doesn't want to help themselves and you can't help anyone else until you help yourself first. I discovered that if I stay focused on my own agenda then I would attain a level of expertise, reputation and success that would truly enable me to help those who are really serious reach there goals as well. It's OK to be a little selfish when it come to your career agenda because no one else is going to care as much about you. It's been proven that I know how to help people become better at what they do whether it's music or other wise because I understand how to motivate but if I'm not using my skills to reach my own goals first then I'm wasting time. By doing it for me first, I have evidence of what can happen if you follow this or that versus just hype and rhetoric. So I chose sometime ago to follow my own agenda and I advise you to do the same. Always be fair with people and honest but never sacrifice your vision or agenda for ANYONE. Now go, refocus and stay on task. Enjoy the journey.

The Truth
All Rights Reserved by Airtight Productions 2011

No comments:

Post a Comment